These sausage rolls are so easy to make and everyone loves them. Not just the kids! Miss 7 loves making these with me just as much as she loves eating them and I barely got to eat any of the last batch I made because James was home from work and demolished them!
I’ve always been asked what I put in them and if I can pass on my recipe so here it is! Now it might seem like there are ALOT of things in here but most of these you should already have in your fridge or pantry and they really do make them taste amazing.
Makes 48 mini sausage rolls.
500g sausage mince
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 zucchini, finely grated and squeeze out excess juice
1 carrot, finely grated
2 Tbsp Tomato sauce
1 Tbsp BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp curry powder
1 cup multigrain breadcrumbs
Salt & Pepper
3 sheets frozen ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients, except pastry and egg, into a large bowl. Use your hands to combine all the ingredients together evenly.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half (Pastry is easier to handle if it’s only half thawed out from the freezer).
- Divide the mixture into 6 pieces and lay them evenly along the centre of each half sheet of pastry. Fold over the two sides and press them together gently.
- Turn over the rolls and cut them into 6 pieces each (less if you prefer larger sausage rolls). Prick each piece with a fork and brush with egg.
- Place them evenly on baking trays and bake for 20-30 mins or until pastry is puffed and golden.
These freeze really well and come in handy for after school snacks, or on those days where you just don’t have the time (or patience) to make the kids lunch or dinner.